Wednesday 10 February 2016

home is where the heart is


I have always loved going to British Columbia to see my dads side of the family, I never realized how much I wanted to be out there with them until I left this morning. As I am sitting on my flight back to Alberta, I am overcome with feelings of the fact, Im not going home, I am going to where I live but thats far from home. Everyone says ‘home is where the heart is’ and my heart is not in Alberta… but these in flight pretzels almost make the trip back bearable. I don’t think at this point in my life, i have wanted to be anywhere more, and I don’t know what to do. How do you get up and move provinces? How do you leave your friends and family in one, to move to another? 
There is so many things I need to think about. I’m 21, am I ready to leave my home, and create a new one? Who knows. Is this something I need to do for myself.. Probably. 
The only thing I have that is really keeping me in Alberta, would be my moms side of the family, and my dad (also the girl sitting next to me, really likes to creep on everything I write) Maybe I have grown enough at home and I am ready to move on, but well really never know until I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment